Aero Indirect hot water tank and Viessmann boiler problem noise

Users who are viewing this thread

ap

DIY Junior Member
Reaction score
My Aero indirect hot water heater and/or my Viessman oil fired boiler isn't working and there is a rythmic "whoosing" noise cycling on and off coming from inside the Aero DHW tank. There is a Grundfos pump on the boiler hot water feed to the DHW tank just before the tank and it "feels" like it is operating. However ithe pump gets hot even though I cannot feel any heat in the hot water feed pipe from the boiler that goes into the pump - I suspect that the high heat is from the pump running dry or ??. BTW pushing a bleeder valve on another nearby hot water feed resulted in a good stream of water.

The boiler display has an indicator light which, according to the manual, says that it is being called for DHW BUT the boiler doesn't seem to want to fire up. I tried to reset the burner and using the override switch I got the boiler to fire for a while but it shut down after a minute or less even with the DHW light remained on.

I am not sure whether I have a faulty hot water tank, circulating pump or malfunction on the boiler... or all three!! any one have a similar experience or recommendation. Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks