Kohler or Hansgrohe or Something else for custom shower??

Users who are viewing this thread

MikeLane

Reaction score
Need to make a stall shower and plan to tile from floor to ceiling with some nice stone.

Design:
- a rainshower (A) on 15" shower arm
- a handshower (B) on vertical slide bar
- temp mixing valve and pressure valve combo
- two-way diverter for (A), (B) or (A&B) and off

I also want to spend a little more if I have to on better made mixing valves and diverters to minimize the amount of times I have to break the wall to fix components.

Here's the question, in general, will I have better luck with Kohler, Hansgrohe or an other manufacter's components?

Thanks,
Mike

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
This is a question which often results in multi-page threads, because everyone has different opinions!

In your situation, I would suggest that you buy the one which best suits your functional needs, and the one your wife prefers the style! Make sure to save all the manuals and parts lists which come with the products. Understand that you will need these to order replacement parts 5/10/15 years down the road, and you will probable have to order them; may not find them in a local store.

Both the brands you mention are considered top quality.

MikeLane

Reaction score
Thanks for your comments, will keep you informed and may post some pictures when done.

Mike

RBKM

Reaction score
We are in the process of putting in a new master bathroom with a 3'4" by 5'9" shower, to be done all in stone, and will also have a rainshower on a 15" arm and a handshower on a vertical slide bar. But we will also have a regular showerhead on the wall opposite the wall with the handshower (the rainshower will go on the long wall, the others on the short walls).

After looking at many brands we chose Hansgrohe (Uno) for everything except the rainshower head (a Rohl 8" gravity--will do 6 gallons/min). We are using one thermostatic valve and 3 individual volume controls (no diverter). I was told that the quality is excellent and we liked the style options. I also really liked their clubmaster showerhead. It seems like all of the people who worked in the two stores we looked at had them in their houses and really liked them too. All of the valves and volume controls have been "roughed in" but the rest won't be ready for another several weeks.

I'm not a plumber, just a consumer. Good luck.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks