Pressure pump ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Shahnaimath

Reaction score
Hi all

we have a single main supply line which is supplied by pressure pump of 20 psi. This main supply line is divided into three sublines and each subline is connected to swimming pool heater/cooler. The pressure reading in each subline is about 15 psi..... but our requirement is about 2.5bar in each subline...

If I attach a pressure pump at dividing point of main supply line, can it cover my requirement...or is there any better way to achieve my requirement....

and what should be the specifications of the pressure pump to achieve my requirement.

Please help...

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
2.5 bar = 36.25943 PSI

What is your water Volume/Flow requirement ?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
What is supplying water to the pump? Is it recirculating from the pools or is it "new" water going to the pools. The logical answer is you need a bigger pump. The limitation for a "second inline" pump is how much water can flow through the initial pump. You might get higher pressure at the cost of less volume.

Shahnaimath

Reaction score
@DonL

water flow requirement is 3 gpm for the swimming pool heaters......

@hj

Water is recirculating between pool, filter and to pool heater

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
It think that using the pools pump would be the best way to go, for the swimming pool heater and filter.

I guess I don't understand what you are trying to do.

Maybe hj or some other expert has an answer for you.

Good Luck on your project.

DonL

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
For that installation, your "main pump" is inadequate. You either need a larger pump, or individual pumps for each return line. There could also be mechanical restrictions in some of the equipment which are restricting the pump's flow. Only a visual inspection and testing will determine the EXACT cure for your problem.

Shahnaimath

Reaction score
@hj
Thanks for the reply...

The pressure gauge reading at the main pump is about 20 psi...and according to me there are no mechanical restrictions in the whole system...this main line is divided into three sublines. The pressure reading at the pool heater is about 15 psi... and according to me this decrease in pressure is due to distance and height. The main supply line is at the ground level and pool heater is at a height of apporx. 26 feets. and this must be limiting the pressure. So in this case what would be u r suggestion?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks