Can you explain this problem!!?? No water!

Users who are viewing this thread

Jlcart

Reaction score
Hello all. I recently replaced my whole house water pressure regulator, as I had checked the city main pressure and found it to be over 120 LBS. I replaced the regulator that was already installed in the same location, mounted on the house approximately 40' from the water meter.

After I replaced it, I adjusted it to 55 LBS at the hose bib near the regulator. It worked great, until the next morning when I discovered there was no water in the house at any of the faucets or showers or kitchen. But the the toilets flushed and the tanks filled up no problem. All the outside hose bibs worked, at 55 LBS pressure!!

There was a ball valve after the regulator and before a 90 that tees into the wall to supply the house, via the attic. There is also a hose bib on this line past this 90. I took this apart and the ball was was corroded closed. I replaced this and all worked fine...

Until today!! Same problem. Toilets flush, hose bibs work, but no water to the inside of the house....

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...

I need a shower!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
Do the tub spouts work?
Check and clean aerators on faucets and low flow shower heads.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Any time you shut the water off, then refill the lines, any crud on the insides of the pipes can break loose and plug up the screens on either the inlets or outlets of fixtures. this is more problematic if your pipes are galvanized iron, and when they age, the coating gets compromised and there can be a lot of rust. The hose bibs have a large, unobstructed outlet, so anything loose in there just gets flushed out, and doesn't plug it up.

Jlcart

Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the replies. The house is 21 years old and has copper pipe. No faucet or shower inside the house works. But the toilets do! I checked the screens on a couple faucets and they were clear. Just strange that outside and toilets get water, but nothing else!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks