Drop-in Tub Overflow Interference Question

Users who are viewing this thread

txst

Reaction score
I am installing an Kohler K-1106 drop in tub on a 3cm granite tub deck placed on top of 1/2" Durock for a total deck thickness of approximately 1-11/16. The tub overflow drain sticks out past the edge of the tub, but there is about 1/2" clearance between the bottom of the tub flange and the overflow elbow. The only way I see how to deal with this is to under cut the granite to clear the overflow elbow, which will make the granite very thin in that area (about 1/2") and difficult to cut without the area breaking.

Does someone make a low-profile overflow elbow for such a situation? I have looked everywhere and can't find one.

Thanks.

Steve

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Not really, and I would NOT cut the granite myself. I would have the granite installers do it so they would be responsible if it breaks, which should not happen since it is something they do on a regular basis.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks