Best exterior paint options?

Users who are viewing this thread

PM5K

Reaction score
Looking for the best bang for the buck exterior paint. I need to replace a few pieces of 1/4 inch exterior grade plywood and I need to prep it so it can withstand the elements.

What do you guys recommend?

Spaceman Spiff

Architect
Reaction score
I would prime with Kilz regular, not the water based stuff, then simply use an exterior latex enamel. There's several good paint companies out there but expect to pay $30 a gallon. Behr, Glidden, Sherwin Williams, etc... are all good paints. You made the best step by using exterior grade plywood, but just be sure to keep standing water away from the wood.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Get the top grade of any brand. Should be 100% acrylic solids. The word "latex" on the label means there are junk ingredients other than acrylics.

Top brands like Sears and Sherwin Williams are excellent. I have been that about half the price of a gallon of those is in the national advertising budget. Around here, the smaller local brands like Frazee, Valspar etc also put out an excellent product.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks