sandy water has caused toilet problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Rue D'or

Reaction score
I recently had the foot valve changed on my shallow water well... as usual, it blew a bunch of sand on restart. we let it run for five or ten minutes to blow most of the sand out, but still got a lot in the house plumbing.

all three toilets are out. two will flush if you fill the reservoir with water... the fill hose seems to be running fine, but the reservoirs wont fill. is this some sort of problem with the bowl fills being clogged? if so, any recommendations on fixing.

the third toilet won't hold water at all. even if i pour enough water into the reservoir, it just all drains. any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Running the pump for hours or days instead of minutes may help clean out the sand. Adding a filter can keep the sand out of the house. But you may want to post this in the plumbing section to get some help with the toilets.

Rue D'or

Reaction score
thanks i'll try that...

btw... any recommendations on where to place the filter? somewhere inline directly on the pump outlet or between the pumping equipment [well house] and the house?

thanks

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks