culligan mark 812 knocking noise

Users who are viewing this thread

elkel

Reaction score
Thanks for having this forum. We have a culligan mark 812 soft water unit that has been working fine, but now it is making a knocking sound and it can be heard thruout the house. I can feel the thumping when I feel the black valve assy at the water inlet and outlet pipes on the unit. Can this be an easy fix? thankx elkel

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
From your description of the problem I can't come up with much understanding of the problem. Unplug the control and see if the noise stops. If so I suggest it may be the motor making the noise. If the noise is only when water is being used.... I have no idea of possible causes. Call Culligan and ask them for ideas.

Gary
Quality Water Associates

elkel

Reaction score
culligan 812 thumping noise

Thanks for your reply Gary, I did unplug but no change. makes noise all the time, sounds like someone tapping on the pipes and carries all thru the house. It also sounds like a release of pressure then the knocking. about every 30-45 seconds. was hoping to be able to do something simple to cure. Thanka again...............Elkel

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
knock

Push the bypass valve in to see if it is in the softener or the piping to it. I had one last week that the sound was from a defective pressure reducing valve on the line to the softener.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks