Stove Problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
I noticed while broiling that my front burner, (gas) with an electronic ignition, does not work. Although, it works when not broiling.

?

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
What stove have you got Cookie? make/mod/sn Probably on a plate you can see with the broiler door open.

Cookie

Reaction score
I got a picture of it! and, if that doesn't help, I will get the model number, etc. It is 5 years old. Thank you Red...

Cookie

Reaction score
I can't find it. SO, I will look for the model # and such. I wonder why it is not working, I didn't think to check to see, if the oven and burner is still doing the same thing... hmm..

Cookie

Reaction score
It is a GE, the serial # is, 31786641P001 I can't seem to find a model number.

NOW, I got to go fix this thread, LOL... if I find the pic I will post it, plus, I should check to see if the oven is doing the same.

Don't count on the pic, lol.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Well, as fate would have it, I pitched the paperwork because my extended warranty had run out in December. Figures! I can't find that a model number anywhere short of flipping over the stove, lol... and, trust me, I can't do that. :)

Does the serial number help at all? What would cause this, something electrical? I can fix that. If a gas line, nah... won't touch that one.

Cookie

Reaction score
TA DA!!! I found it! I stood on my head looked down in the broiler and there, they hid it. I wonder what kind of moron did that. ( you know it was a man) a woman, would had not put one on at all, she would had said, " we don't need this", and had thrown it away. lol... Now, I got a headache. :)

The Model # is, JGBS22WEK1WW
And, the right serial number is: LH137508P

Thank you for any and all help.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Red, this morning I pulled the stove out checked the wiring, redid it, and wola! A bad connection all it was. I am so glad, and it took no time for me to redo. Thank you for contributing though, I did appreciate it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks