Final adjustment of CSV Valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Royerm

Reaction score
Well, if seeing is believing and doing is understanding, I'm almost there.

Installed the CSV1Z with a new 6 Gals (1.6 Gals draw) bladder type tank, what
a difference compare to my previous 35 gals.

The pressure switch is set at 40-60 and I have set the CSV at 55.

I ran a few test with 3 taps, 1 shower, 1 toilet flush giving me a flow of 9.4 GPM
and holding it steady at 55......truly amazing and a delight.

Reading the instruction, it suggest to bring the cut-In (ON) equal to my CSV pressure??
I'm not sure about this one.

My pressure switch can raise both(cut-in/cut-off) or the cut-off only but not the cut-in alone.
Rising the cut-in to 55 would bring the cut-off to 75, which for some reason I find a little high!!??
When the pump start it goes from 40 to 55 in a flash and once I shut the water off it takes about 15 seconds to bring it to 60 (shut-off).

I've read somewhere I think that the pump should run for a minute????

Do I keep it the way it is or rise the cut-in?????

Regards...

Royerm

Reaction score
from previous post...
The pressure switch is set at 40-60 and I have set the CSV at 55.

Will wait for Valveman...thx

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
With that size tank is is best to have the CSV set in the middle of the pressure switch setting. So just turn the large adjustment screw in the pressure switch to the right about 2 full turns. This will get you to a 45/65 setting, which will give you a little longer run time before the tank if filled. After turning off all faucets, you want at least 30 seconds but no more than 2 minutes of run time before the pump shuts off.

Royerm

Reaction score
Okey dokey....will do.
I'm really enjoying this setup and got convinced going that route by all
the good information on this site...

Cheers

Royerm

Reaction score
I definitely get no fluctuation in the shower where with the old system I could tell when it was time for the pump to start to get the pressure back. Now I can flush a toilet or open another tap upstair and not earing a scream from someone in the shower.

The amount of water being delivered seems illimited, of course as long as I'm within the limit of the pump.

As previously stated
"I ran a few test with 3 taps, 1 shower, 1 toilet flush giving me a flow of 9.4 GPM
and holding it steady at 55......truly amazing and a delight."

Voila...

Royerm

Reaction score
With that size tank is is best to have the CSV set in the middle of the pressure switch setting. So just turn the large adjustment screw in the pressure switch to the right about 2 full turns. This will get you to a 45/65 setting, which will give you a little longer run time before the tank if filled. After turning off all faucets, you want at least 30 seconds but no more than 2 minutes of run time before the pump shuts off.

2 turns and now at 45-65Psi...thx

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks