Oven gas line

Users who are viewing this thread

rssahlman

Reaction score
I'm about to remodel kitchen and with the new range (gas) I need to move the gas line into the wall. I have access below (basement) to the gas line but to make for an easier install am I allowed to use flexible gas pipe to go from basement into wall outlet box (the distance is just a foot or less)? The shut off is in basement so I plan on adding a shutoff inside the wall outlet box as well.

Thanks
Rick

Bsperr

Reaction score
If you're going to use CSST, I would use one of the supply boxes designed for the system like this one. They have a built-in auto-flare fitting with a valve.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 660

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
You must NOT use the basic flexible gas connectors inside the wall, or between floors. You can use CSST, but until recently at least, you could not buy that if you were not a licensed plumber. Takes some special skills to put it together.

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
Unless you took the course for Trac pipe you can not install it.Pro only .

Last edited:

rssahlman

Reaction score
I was going to use that exact control box that bsperr has shown and thought I would use one of the connectors (stainless steel flexible gas connector) that i found from plumbing supply (I can't seem to post the url)

specifically one with 3/4 mips x 3/4 fips 12" long ...the female connector to replace the pipe coming from the t-connector below the floor and the male connector attaching to the valve in the box. Can someone tell me if this would be appropriate!

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If you read the tag on the supply pipe, it should say that it CANNOT be used inside a wall, and it can also NOT be used to go through a wall or floor. It must be completely visible with both connections in the same room. Home Depot and Lowes apparently do not care if customers burn their houses down using CSST improperly. Their defense may be that they ONLY sell things they cannot be responsible for how they are used.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I was going to use that exact control box that bsperr has shown and thought I would use one of the connectors (stainless steel flexible gas connector) that i found from plumbing supply (I can't seem to post the url)

specifically one with 3/4 mips x 3/4 fips 12" long ...the female connector to replace the pipe coming from the t-connector below the floor and the male connector attaching to the valve in the box. Can someone tell me if this would be appropriate!
What you have is a flexible gas connector. You CANNOT put that inside a wall, through a wall, or through the floor. THIS is flexible gas PIPE: http://www.tracpipe.com/trac/technical/111743_Omega_Flex.pdf

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks