Litter box for cats. How to keep it from smelling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Achutch

Reaction score
This week's box change

This morning, I did the weekly litter box change. The litter was changed a week ago Thursday evening with 1/2 scoop of Bio-Clean in the bottom and 1/2 scoop on top of the fresh litter.

It has been warm and humid, plus the bottom of the plastic liner had been shredded by their claws, so there was some wetness on the bottom of the box. I fully expected it to reek, but there was no odor.

Obviously the Bio-Clean is working. I did see the literature enclosed in the package which called for 1/8 inch of it on the bottom of the pan. For weekly changes, I don't think it needs that much.

One thing is for certain. Bio-Clean will become a staple item for the litter box. Next I need to try it on the drains....

Last edited by a moderator:

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
I have to wonder if all the poor in India and Africa were given that high protein cat food components instead bags of old rice, that they would no longer suffer and we would all end up with more birds and lizards in America.

A bag of bio cleans cost likely exceeds the [several] months income of the average African family.

Sorry all you cat lovers, but my neighbor says he shot 24 feral cats in the last 6 months. I have a large dog that lives on table scraps and keeps the cats far away.

Why dont you guys get chickens that at least give you a return on your investment and make great pets? They eat ANYTHING, including cooked feral cats.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I find the house cats to be friendly.
When I'm in Hawaii, I let the feral cats alone. Those are not so friendly.
My cat is my buddy though.

And yes, rice isn't much for supporting life. We feed our pets better here.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks