Changing tank to switch line on bore well tank

Users who are viewing this thread

Jester

Reaction score
Hi all.

I have a 1975 bore well with a pressure tank right at the top. I believe that I have a issue with the water line from the tank to the switch, because I can have a full tank with pump running, but the gauge will not reflect this (will at times read 0 even though we clearly have pressure). I've confirmed to the best of my ability it is not the gauge, switch, tank, or pump. So I believe I've got crud/sediment in the water line from the bottom of my tank to the switch that is preventing a good reading.

My question is, how does one remove the tank and access the connection at the bottom? Once empty, does a tank like this typically just pull out? Does it unscrew? Any advice would be appreciated.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks