Condenser fan will not run when set to heat.

Users who are viewing this thread

cchrrice

Reaction score
My condenser fan recently stopped running, while the fan inside ran constantly with very little heat or none. I replaced the condenser fan and capacitor. The first time I turned it on it seemed to work fine. The next day is was not running again. I switched the unit to cool and it works perfectly. Switch it back to heat and you get the same thing. Nothing going on outside on the unit, but the inside fan runs all the time if you do not turn it off. What is most likely the problem?

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
In my experience, the condenser fan will only run when the thermostat is calling for heat (not cooling).
Have you read the trouble code off the LED on the main control board?
There is often a chart explaining the codes posted on the inside of the front panel.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Depends if it is a heat pump.

DonL

Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Are we talking a heat pump, or electric heat? Does your heating system work correctly and you are just wondering about the fan? Or is the heat not working?

cchrrice

Reaction score
It is a heat pump.

The heat is not working. The blower motor inside runs constantly with no heat. I do get heat when it is set on emergency heat.

Last edited:

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
What is the make and model of your heat pump system ?

That would help you to get better answers.

I would check the time delayed change over Relay, And make sure your control programming is correct, for that unit.

DonL

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks