I dug a little deeper into the pump and believe I have found the problem.
I removed the winding, then grabbed hold of the metal housing inside of it, expecting I could unscrew it.
It didn't unscrew, but, did fall off in my hand. And on the end was a plastic impeller hanging off it crooked. It seems the impeller pulled loose from the knurled shaft it spins on.
I just mixed up some 5 minute epoxy. I coated the inside of the impeller with it and stuck it back on the shaft. Gonna let it sit awhile. Infact, I think I'll just let it cure over night, then fire it up in the morning. Hopefully all will be well then.