Couple questions for bathroom remodel

Users who are viewing this thread

Mookie3333

Reaction score
Guys,
Please see the attached picture for my next question... I had to frame a third wall for my alcove tub. I have the vikrell tub in and set on a mortar bed, drain connected, no leaks, and I built this 2x3 "floating wall" which is only attached to the floor and the wall on one side. This wall will contain supply lines and the shower body.

My question: How can I stiffen this wall, to allow the least amount of movement? I was thinking about some type of steel L's, or another type of fastener to fasten the sole plate to the plywood subfloor. I also believe when I hang sheetrock, this will give it more strength as well. Any other suggestions? The wall is 7 feet high, and will be tiled fully on one side, and half way on the other side.

FYI: I used this exact same setup on the top floor apartment (same layout and everything) and its been fine up til now. The wall is stiff as ever, but I hired someone to do that work, so I'm not too sure how he did it. He did use cement board though, not kerdi on drywall like I'm planning to use.

FLOATING WALL.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks