ABS to PVC Septic Connections

Users who are viewing this thread

Chuck B

sea-bee
Reaction score
Need to connect 3" PVC to a 3" black ABS pipe which exits an old septic system at a newly acquired cottage.

The pipe run is through a open crawl space under the cottage. Do I use SCH 30 or SCH 40 pipe. Advantages or disadvantages of either?

Also, would the 3" Black ABS pipe match SCH 30 or 40? I will of course be making my rough drain connections throughout the cabin from the PVC.

I have purchased the "Green Bottle" ABS to PVC cement. Is it true that you only primer the PVC and NOT the ABS (hearing that it dissolves ABS)?

Thanks.

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
Fernco will have list of products,you cannot glue pvc to abs,pvc is solvent weld,abs is glued non compatable materials. fernco might have solve your problem.
Clay

Attachments

• shielded-couplings-proflex.jpg
    shielded-couplings-proflex.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 610

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
There are only two approved methods for joining PVC and ABS and glue ain't either of them. You either need a banded coupling (indoors) a non banded coupling (outdoors) or male and female adapters.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks