What project management software do you use?

Users who are viewing this thread

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
LOL.

I use wordstar on my C64. 2 mhz processor. It is not web based. But it has Bugs, no spiders.

katty81

Reaction score
I have recently get to know about this project management software called Procore. I haven't used it yet though.

Bcarlson78248

Reaction score
I've used Microsoft Project in the past, but for smaller projects its like buying a Greyhound bus for your daily commute. When we used it for bigger programs we had to hire a scheduler and other folks to gather data and keep it up to date.

Most of the time what you need as a minimum is a good Gantt chart program and the ability to track and manage cost for each task. Many PM programs provide more features, but then you have to keep the data current to get the features to work right. For example, you can try to level personnel workload (plumber, framer, electrician, etc.) across jobs, but that requires detailed data on what skills are needed for each task, who has the skills, how much time of that skill is need on each job, when is it needed, and what job/task is each person already assigned to.

Bruce

GeorgeWilson

Reaction score
We use Bridgit Bench as our project management software, it's a resource allocation management tool that enhance multiple aspects of construction management such as manpower planning, equipment and materials allocation, cost/budget and timeline estimation, and many more. You can learn more about it here https://www.bridgitsolutions.com/guide-construction-resource-management What we also love about Bridgit Bench is that it is easy to use on its own and easy to integrate as well with our already existing tech stack, thanks to its open API. I highly recommend them because it promotes collaborative effort through remote access which allow us to keep working on on-going projects despite the on-going pandemic.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks