Ridgid 535 pipe threader

Users who are viewing this thread

Bioman

Reaction score
First time using a Rigid 535 pipe threader and I'm getting weird results. I must be doing something wrong, It came with 1" - 2" cutters installed; I'm doing 3/4" black pipe so I swapped those out for the right cutters. No manual with the unit, but I believe I got them installed right. When the cutting is done and the pipe is flush with the end of the die I pop the die open and there is a ridge of thick shavings clinging to the rear 2/3 rds of the threads, when I brush these away a raised spine is left. Also the threads don't seem as deep as those on the pre-threaded pipe I have. I have the lever set to 3/4" for pipe diameter.
Anyone have any ideas?

535_threading_machine.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
And if what Jimbo mentioned is all okay then there is the matter of slightly adjusting the dies...

The properly marked place is approximate with the proper setting where the threads you made becoming hand tight in a fitting with about 3 turns.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks