Changing Oil in your automobile.

Users who are viewing this thread

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Hello All,

Yes I agree that people waste far to much motor oil. I get 10,000 from mine.
With the cleaner burning fuels and fuel injection systems the oil does not get contaminated as quickly.

The magnets sure do make a difference also.

I remember the days when people were putting magnets on the carburetor of a normally aspirated system
and claimed better gas mileage. I never did understand how that would help. Given the floats were made of brass
and not subject to the same magnetic proprieties as other metals. Did it really work ? I never did try it.

Save when You can, Recycling your own oil, sounds good to me. Makes to much sense, That is why most people don't do it.

Have a Great Day.

DonL

RinconVTR

Reaction score
It IS a fact- VW and Audi specifically.

Our family has a VW and our company has nothing but Audi's for business. While I dont drive the companys Audi's I know who does and they take them to whatever lube joint is close to home. And I have personally changed the oil on the VW, no glitches.

So I'm calling BS until said statement is posted from an owners manual.

Last edited:

DonL

Reaction score
Hello all,

I do not doubt that an auto could loose vital computer information, Maybe if its CMOS battery failed and the battery was disconnected.

Most newer memory chips do not need power to hold memory.

I try to buy U.S.A made automobiles, when I can.

Not sure if any are made here anymore.

Auto Electronics made in America went away when GM's Delco Electronics, Shut down.
Delco even made electronics for Ford and other Manufactures.

Save Gas, Ride a bike...

Have a Great Day.

DonL

juandigital

Reaction score
Website
www.12vsumppump.net
Yes its a good idea to disconnect your car battery. Also throw the breaker on the garage for good measure. Might as well shut the power off to the house too. Dont forget your safety glasses, steel toes shoes, chemical apron, chemical resistant gloves, hardhat and ear plugs. And don't get me started on proper waste oil storage and removal procedures. The whole safety industry makes me laugh. Being safe is good, I get it, but come on its getting a little ridicules.

DonL

Reaction score
Yes its a good idea to disconnect your car battery. Also throw the breaker on the garage for good measure. Might as well shut the power off to the house too. Dont forget your safety glasses, steel toes shoes, chemical apron, chemical resistant gloves, hardhat and ear plugs. And don't get me started on proper waste oil storage and removal procedures. The whole safety industry makes me laugh. Being safe is good, I get it, but come on its getting a little ridicules.

LOL, I Agree...

Have a great day.

DonL

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks