Which shape Toto Drake?

Users who are viewing this thread

lindaj

Reaction score
I am remoldeling my powder room and I am considering buying a Toto Drake. I read that there is some problem with bowl splatter with all low flow toilets and I was wondering if the elongated bowl reduces this or is the round bowl just as good? I have 4 kids of varying ages and this is the only toilet on the first floor of my house so it will get a lot of use. My kids have managed to clog my water-hog toilet many times so I am really trying to come up with the best toilet out there without breaking the bank! Thanks a lot!

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Also, elongated are much more male friendly. Unless you don't mind mopping up urine in front of the toilet frequently, by all means go with the elongated bowl. I have a Drake and I can testify that it does not splash when flushed. I also have a Dartmouth which is similar to the Drake, and it does not splash either. Splashing is not a problem with Toto designs.

lindaj

Reaction score
I don't think I was very clear in my first post, I am actually questioning whether the inside of the bowl stays cleaner in the elongated toilet vs. the round one. I was reading through a lot of previous comments and a few had said that bowl rinse is an issue in all low-flow toilets, and if a person has certain gastrointestinal ailments they may have to brush the bowl after use.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
"if a person has certain gastrointestinal ailments they may have to brush the bowl after use."

Then you may want to consider the CST454CEFG Drake II, it has CEFIONTECT and the double cyclone rinse.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks