(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best water for a vegetable garden

I got the picture of Chipper. ( I am supposed to be working) This is where he leaves me his refillables and presents.

Funny, my one neighbor who helped me with the baby deer, he would take turns bottle feeding it, is great. And, he, back then was in his late 70's. He warned me about out other neighbor who earned his nickname, Meatball Mike by making poison meatballs and distributing them around the outside his house to get rid of cats, dogs, little chippers, and the like. Anything which eats a meatball. Not good. But, some folks you can't tell anything to, they know it all. Between my other neighbor and I we took care of his meatballs for him.

That is a nice picture. Is it me or is it a little out of focus ?

My outdoor cats bring me field mice and put them on the front porch.

I wonder why they do that ?

I hope You don't work to hard.

Are you a network administrator ? Working at home ?

Have a nice afternoon.

DonL
    Theory only works perfect in a vacuum.

Cyber Security Protection for Windows C:\ > WWW.WinForce.Net

It is my photography skills. lol. Good aren't they, want to hire me? Let me do your wedding...
    I think your cats like you, and are bringing you a treat or a present. Myself, I would thank them, but not partake in it, too rich in protein for my diet. I wear many hats for a living, you wouldn't believe, but network administrator is not one of them, and, I bet the masses of people who depend on it working is glad or should be, lol

I work very hard when the boss is around.

I would hire you if your pictures were in focus, lol.

I though it was me getting old.

I do network administration was why I was asking.

Should I take the presents that the cats bring to me. I normally leave them there.
    Would they feel better if i collect them ?

Animals are smarter than they are given credit for.

They are like a woman, I like to see them happy. They provide more than people realize...

Have a great evening.

DonL

I wouldn't leave them lay around, lol. If I knew more about my computers I could fix mine. Work is what did mine in. I do alot on the computer out of necessity and, for the ease of it. I do evaulations for kids with special needs, I write, RE, and as added fun, I work a small job at a retail shop, thanks to the economy. In other words, it is with me, or I am with it. I have an office I try not to visit it too often, for I wouldn't want them to get the wrong idea. I think the USA needs a woman president it would make all men start to pay attention to what is going on, lol. Are you tech support with a provider?

I am woman.
    Last edited by Cookie; 04-29-2011 at 05:17 PM.

Since you mentioned about what to do with your "presents" I will tell you about my own pet cementary. My house fronts a rather busy road and the first year we moved in I walked outside to find the first animal laying in the driveway. A month later, another. A week later another. It was good that I got one great neighbor who drags them down the driveway ( I won't partake in this event) and he buries them for me. So far to this date, we got 2 chickens, 55 raccoons, and things which I can't and won't even describe what they once was in life. One day while sitting out on the deck my brother said, " that is a great place for a gazebo." Yeah... in his dreams.

DIYer, not in the trades LLigetfa's Avatar

Speaking of "presents", my cat brought in a live one last night and decided to turn it loose in the house. I managed to catch the mouse and return it to the outdoors. As much as I consider the wildlife pests, I do them no harm despite all the harm they inflict.

One thing you can tell your wife is this. Wildlife increases the value & desirablity of your property. I am not kidding. People can put in an inground pool and it almost, always depending on its area, will lose value! But, tell a newbie buyer that you got deer and they are so thrilled! They want that moment like on that movie with Chevy Chase, Funnyfarm, if you ever saw it, where they "cued" the deer, for a potential buyer.

That by the way, to catch the mouse, is very kind of you, and very respectful. I like that.
    Last edited by Cookie; 04-30-2011 at 07:52 AM.

quote; It has been over 90 days sense we have had any measurable rain.

Around here, rain every 90 days would be a monsoon.

Hello All,

hj, I can not imagine hardly any rain on a normal basis. I guess you don't have much grass to mow, that would be nice.

Cookie, Every time I have found a dead animal and buried it, the dogs that run around here would dig it up. Guess I did not go deep enough.
    as for the question "Are you tech support with a provider?" I just do my own thing with my Security and Computer company.

I need to get my rear in gear and get the rest of my garden going. I have some tomatoes on the vines, I just hope I get them before the wildlife does.

Have a Great Day.

DonL

I found a trick that works with gardens although, not acreage. When a friend called me for help with his garden concening the deer taking one bite out of each ear of his corn I told him to do something which might sound funny but, I had success with everytime.

I have 2 sons and with it loads of laundry, lots of dirty socks. I told my friend who has 3 sons, to take their dirty socks and pull them down onto the top of a stick placing a stick & white sock, on each corner of the garden, and one midway of each largest side. I have a garden each year, no fencing, just the dirty socks, and they never touch anything in it. ( sometimes, I don't want to, lol.)

Around the bottom of the garden I frame it here and there, with a wooden strip, & on the wooden strip, I rip up a white plastic disposable bag tying it around it. When, the wind blows the bag blows and they won't go near it.

It is very simple and very effective. It also, entertains the neighbors, which I have noticed, they copy at times. When my kids go looking for their socks they look out the windows. They love me.

Good Morning,

Thanks Cookie, I will have to try that. Do the socks have to be dirty ?

I have had dogs dig up my melon seeds, and Cows eat the tops off of all my corn.

I did have a garden owl and it worked for birds, kept them from eating my fish.

I guess the wildlife is just doing what is natural. Can not really blame them.

Have a Great Day.

DonL

I know it sounds crazy, but, yes Don, they got to be dirty,
    My sons are linebacker size, wearing size 15 shoes...

Do you need big socks? I don't know, lol.
    Last edited by Cookie; 05-01-2011 at 08:01 AM.

Hello Cookie,

I only wear a size 13. How long do I need to wear them. lol

Enjoy Your May Day.

DonL

Until, they are really offensive, lol. or, become an environmental issue.
    Last edited by Cookie; 05-01-2011 at 05:58 PM.