Submersible pump practical for large yards with Rotors

Users who are viewing this thread

TeeTime

Reaction score
Hi,

I have about an acre of grass that I'll be watering with around 4 to 6 rotors per zone. Probably around 4gpm per head. I had someone tell me that the only way to go with wells is a submersible pump. You dont' have to worry about covering them, winterizing them, and less maintanance with them overall.
After spending some time researching submersible, its seems that most of these are around 10gpm to 14. I cannot find anything as high as some of the external lawn sprinkler pumps.

So the question is, can a submersible run a sprinkler system in large yards with the requirements that I'm needing?

Thanks for any feedback...

TeeTime

Reaction score
I'm pumping from a Well. Every year at the first of May they release the water for irrigation. My well only needs to be about 10 feet deep. All my neighbors have external pumps for their yards and work fine, however, someone mentioned the submersible pump. Maybe I'm not looking right, but can someone lead me to a submersiable that could do around 20gpm or 1200gph. I can't seem to find a submersible for these requirements. I really want to make sure that the pump is enough for my needs, however, if the costs is huge with getting to these requirements, I might have to go back to the external pumps.

I guess a follow up question, using submersible pump is the way to go as far as what I was told above about being less hassle and easier to maintain? Because if their not as easy, then I will just go with the external jet/high pressure pump.

Last edited:

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Just Google "20 gpm submersible well pumps". It gives lots of links to go to. You will need a 18, 20, or 25 gpm pump. A 3/4 HP will give you about 40 PSI, a 1 HP will give you 50 to 60 PSI.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks