Water Quality/chaulky water?

Users who are viewing this thread

Billfig

Reaction score
It seems more apparent on non metal materials and after going thru the dishwasher? The silverware doesnt shine as well either. I just put the Kenmore Softener in within the past 6 mos. It seemed to develop after I replaced my diaphram tank setup a few weeks ago. I checked & cleaned the venturi assy(thinking it was plugged). Actually when I think about it, the water seems fairly soft when washing hands/shower etc. ? So strange? water tested at 30-34 hardness many years ago..:confused:

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don't really know but if the hardness is less than 30, the water becomes corrosive. Are you sure you needed the water softener? Another thought, I think the softener adds sodium to the water.

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don't really know but if the hardness is less than 30, the water becomes corrosive. Are you sure you needed the water softener? Another thought, I think the softener adds sodium to the water.
Water only becomes corrosive when the pH falls below 7, not when you remove hardness.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks