Drake Parts

Users who are viewing this thread

NoEffort

Reaction score
I have a leak from the bolts holding the tank to the base and would like to replace the rubber washers. Do I have to use the Toto parts or can I go to a plumbing supply house for replacements.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Any rubber washers designed for use in a toilet should be okay. If they leak, two things: first, sometimes it helps if you lightly sand any roughness off of the casting before installing (only takes a few seconds), and second, you may not have the washer in the right place. Inside the tank, there is no washer, just the rubber and the bolt head. Washer on the outside and the nut. If the tank is not cinched down so it is (almost) touching the bowl, it could leak while flexing.

NoEffort

Reaction score
Thanks Jim,
I just got back from the plumbing supply house before I saw your post. I got a hardware kit and tank to bowl gasket.
I had a problem installing the new gasket, I couldn't get a good three point contact, I installed the original and no problem. The replacement gasket I got was larger and didn't have a lip on it.
The hardware kit I picked up had 4 rubber washers and 4 metal washers. I installed a rubber washer on the inside and outside against the ceramic with a metal washer on top of each one. It gave me a really good sung fit, better than before.
I told my 3 daughters the toto is ready for action!!!!

Thanks for the help!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks