Kohler Bancroft Bathtub Drain and Delta Bath/Shower Rough in Valve

Users who are viewing this thread

GinnyQueen

Reaction score
Complete bathroom remodel and I am urgently trying to get a few more parts for the plumbers/installers. I have been learning a lot on this forum and for that I am grateful. Thank you!

So, I am needing to purchase a drain to go with my new Kohler Bancroft soak tub. I have some options according to some sites:

k-7161-bn.jpg

1. KOHLER K-7161-AF-BN Clearflo 1-1/2-Inch Adjustable Pop-Up Drain

k-7213-bn.jpg

2. KOHLER K-7213-BN Clearflo Cable Bath Drain

I am not attached to either one. I know nothing about these mechanisms only that I don't want to have to replace the drain. The cable one doesn't seem ideal, but what do I know? Are there any other drains that I need to consider that can manage all of my hair that tends to clog the toilet. Does it have to be a Kohler?

delta-T17455-SS.jpg

I purchased a Delta Bath/Shower Faucet Trim T17455-SS (Victorian). There are 2 Delta Faucet "MultiChoice Universal Rough-In Valves" that are recommended to go with it from the site I purchased from: Delta R10000-UNWS (with stop) and Delta Faucet R10000-UNBX (no stop). I have no idea if I would want a "stop" because I don't think that I really know what it is. Are either of these ok? Thoughts.

I didn't realize that there were so many extra things that I may need for the plumbers. I am just wanting to be prepared for them when they come so that I am not the reason they are held up. Are there other parts that you can think that I may need?

Toto Promenade Pedestal sink and Two-piece toilet are my other main components.

Thanks a million!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The shower rough-in valve with "stops" allows you to shut off only the tub/shower valve when you work on the cartridge.
Otherwise you would need to shut down the entire home. It's nice to have the stops.

You may also use something like the Gerberit cable waste and overflow; pretty much like the Koher cable drain.

Sounds like pretty nice choices for the bathroom.

GinnyQueen

Reaction score
Thanks Terry. Glad you approve! I learned it all here (or a lot of it anyway.) So, regarding the drain, of the two I had listed, I know is the KOHLER K-7161-AF-BN Clearflo 1-1/2-Inch Adjustable Pop-Up Drain worth the extra cost? I know $100 is irrelevent at this point, but functionally, is one better?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks