(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Toto slow close seat VS Bemis slow close seat for Toto Promenade

Hybrid View

Default Toto slow close seat VS Bemis slow close seat for Toto Promenade

I saw the Toto Promenade toilet at a local plumbing supply showroom, and the slow close seat on it was made by Bemis, and has a seemingly nice feature on it: easy to remove seat assembly by flipping 2 latches.

The salesman told me that the Toto brand seat is made by Bemis anyway. Any truth to this, and is one seat better than the other? thanks in advance
    I am definitely not a pro plumber, but I am a pro crastinator

I can't really offer a comparison, I have never used the Bemis, but I do have 2 Toto soft close seat that I find very nice. I rather doubt that Bemis makes the Toto seats, but again, not factual knowledge. If you try the Bemis, a feedback after using it for awhile would be appreciated. Best thing is, you'll have a great toilet and if changing brands of seats is desired later, it will not be a costly change.

I bought a Bemis soft close with the easy off latches for my Toto Drake II and am very happy with it. It was less expensive than the Toto seat and I like the seat design better. The easy off latches have been a godsend when it comes to cleaning - just pop it off, spray with cleaner and rinse off in the tub. Would never go back to a seat that I couldn't remove to clean

Quote Originally Posted by cwooden82 View Post
    I bought a Bemis soft close with the easy off latches for my Toto Drake II and am very happy with it. It was less expensive than the Toto seat and I like the seat design better. The easy off latches have been a godsend when it comes to cleaning - just pop it off, spray with cleaner and rinse off in the tub. Would never go back to a seat that I couldn't remove to clean
    Thanks for the replies. The store I bought the Promenade toilet and LPT530 pedestal sink at kind of overcharged me at 67 bucks for the seat (I see it , the Bemis 200slow, online for about 40 bucks). I do like the feature of the easy remove seat though.
    I am definitely not a pro plumber, but I am a pro crastinator

I bought one of the Bemis slow closers 7 months ago. I really like the design, especially the quick release attachments. Unfortunately the slow close function has already stopped working. The seat just slams shut as if it was a regular closer. For some reason the lid still does the slow close. As far as I can tell from examination and internet research, there is no adjustment. Luckily I found my receipt so I am about to try to return it to Home Depot. I am a quick learner, so I probably won't buy another one of these brands.