water hardness and brine fill time

Users who are viewing this thread

Jerome7

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I have Fleck 5600SXT valve. During the programming it asked me to enter water hardness level and brine fill time. Isn't both related to the salt dose? Why do I have to set both?

I was told the brine fill time controls how much water gets in the brine tank, thus the harder the water, the longer the brine fill time.

I left most values to the default and only entered the one I understood.

Thanks

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Water hardness is used to figure how many gallons the media will treat before it needs to recharge.

Salt setting is used to give a given amount of resin a capacity, or like a battery can go x hours before it needs to recharge.

Depending on the capacity of the battery and the load ... will determine how often the battery needs to recharge for the next cycle.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
The refill time puts water into the salt tank based on 3 lbs of salt per gallon of water. So you select the amount of water based on the K of capacity you program based on the volume of resin you have and the salt efficiency you want.

Call the people you bought from and have them give you the programming.

Jerome7

Reaction score
Water hardness is used to figure how many gallons the media will treat before it needs to recharge.

Salt setting is used to give a given amount of resin a capacity, or like a battery can go x hours before it needs to recharge.

Depending on the capacity of the battery and the load ... will determine how often the battery needs to recharge for the next cycle.

That is now clear in my head. Thanks for the analogy.

Jerome7

Reaction score
The refill time puts water into the salt tank based on 3 lbs of salt per gallon of water. So you select the amount of water based on the K of capacity you program based on the volume of resin you have and the salt efficiency you want.

Call the people you bought from and have them give you the programming.

Thank you Gary for the explanation. In my case, unfortunately, I bought it online and they've been giving me random suggestions for 2 months now. Thus I thought I ought to first understand how the softener works and troubleshoot myself.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks