Kitchen Faucet Pull-Out Hose Won't Retract

Users who are viewing this thread

BJH

Reaction score
My plumber is installing a Hansgrohe 04076000 Allegro E Single Handle Pull-Out Kitchen Faucet. I had a previous Hansgrohe and it worked fine but on this one it is difficult to pull the hose out and it doesn't retract on its own--I have to use 2 hands to stuff it back! The weight is already at the bottom of the loop and it isn't catching on anything else. The plumber says that the faucet has a plastic piece at the bottom (underneath the sink) that is channeling the hose and that it could be the hose design. He said it's the first time he's ever seen this. He might be able to remove the plastic... does anyone know if this is what is causing the problem and if removing it might fix it?

hg_4076000.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Shacko

Master Plumber-Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Hansgrohe seems to indicate that a problem is usually caused by the hose being twisted or the weight being in the wrong place?

Moen instructions below.
moen-hose-weight.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

BJH

Reaction score
Yes, I emailed them and that was their response. However, the plumber found a black piece of plastic that was inserted in the bottom of the faucet to "channel" the hose and hold the lines. It is cut inside like a four-leaf clover with large/small sections. (I have a photo but no URL for it. Happy to email it to anyone who wants to see it). The hose was squeezed into one of the smaller "clover" sections and because everything was so tight he couldn't maneuver it into a larger section. So, he broke off the plastic piece and the faucet pulls out and retracts smoothly. I replied to their tech person with the photo and solution. It's a very strange "design" to me, but what do I know -- I'm just a homeowner who wants a working faucet! :)

Thanks for the forum. It's great to know there's a place to go when there is a problem like this.

Don mattson

Reaction score
Yes, I emailed them and that was their response. However, the plumber found a black piece of plastic that was inserted in the bottom of the faucet to "channel" the hose and hold the lines. It is cut inside like a four-leaf clover with large/small sections. (I have a photo but no URL for it. Happy to email it to anyone who wants to see it). The hose was squeezed into one of the smaller "clover" sections and because everything was so tight he couldn't maneuver it into a larger section. So, he broke off the plastic piece and the faucet pulls out and retracts smoothly. I replied to their tech person with the photo and solution. It's a very strange "design" to me, but what do I know -- I'm just a homeowner who wants a working faucet! :)

Thanks for the forum. It's great to know there's a place to go when there is a problem like this.

Don mattson

Reaction score

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If the picture is on your computer, use the 'Upload a File' button to post it here.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks