Leaking instant hot connector Everhot (WaterInc)

Users who are viewing this thread

SMBLAGBCH

Reaction score
I'm on my third Everhot (WaterInc) instant hot water heater in three years. The problem seems to be with the John Guest union between the plastic line to the faucet and the stainless nipple. The leak causes the nipple to corrode at the top of the tank.

Is there an alternative means of connection I could use? (The nipple gets pretty hot)

Thanks

http://www.waterinc.com/specs/everhot/Everhot-Tanks.pdf

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:

SacCity

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
saccityplumbing.com
If the problem is the plastic getting too hot from being too close to the water heater.
How about adding a metal extension, put a foot of copper, add a brass nipple etc. to gain some distance.
Michael

SMBLAGBCH

Reaction score
I don't know if that's the problem or not. The JG union is what the company gives you and I installed it as directed. I'd really like to find a more positive type of connection, if there is one.

SMBLAGBCH

Reaction score
The tank looks stainless and a magnet won't stick to it. I really think the connector is the problem. Any suggestions on an alternative type of connector?

The JG union is 3/8 x 5/16

Last edited:

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
call anaheim, or email them. Ask about extending longevity of the tank (the next one that you will buy from them). They might tell you about water quality (what is your water like?).

call anaheim, or email them, because (as you will see on their web site) they manufacture the tank. This tank is rebranded by MANY companies.

In my experience, I've found that many technical support people will say anything at all, even in an email. Do not mention the JG or the union, because you do not want to give to anyone the easiest way out, in which they just agree with your preemptive diagnosis. Go to anaheim because they will know more than a rebrander. BE neutral in your query; don't bias it with your diagnosis... Hope someone writes back with a "real" answer.

I'm not certain that it IS the union the root cause of the corrosion. Yes, this is Where Corrosion Occurs, but the cause may be ...

Good photo!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks