Need help in finding a Acrylic 60x32x15 Alacove bathtub..or do they make 15" height

Users who are viewing this thread

Recountryman

Reaction score
Hi, I've been searching on the net all day for a Acrylic 60x32x15 (or a 14 and up to 16 in height should work) but have came up empty for one. Closest I've found are a Kohler Archer 60x32x19, Kohler Proflex 60x32x18.125 and a America Standard Acrylux 60x32x18.

I have a older Acrylic tub that needs replacing and trying to keep everything the same dimensions. The old tub as far as I can tell is a old (est. 25-30 years old ) Lasco 2003 (?). Anyone know of one closer to the dimension I'm looking for or if I have to could make one of these three fit just a whole lot more work but which one of the 3 is the best if I have to go that route...thanks!!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You are planning on pulling the existing tile out, checking for soundness and replacing it all, right?
You can't really replace a tub unless you do that.

Recountryman

Reaction score
No tile just a tub surround. Reason for trying to locate one about same height is this is the only bathroom we have and with wife and 2 young boys trying to cut downtime.

Moving the faucets up is doable but in this bathroom is a pain as will have to bust into wall on other side to get to it ( it intercepts thru the middle of a closet wall ) This house is old and originally this bathroom was a closet and the way its laid out isn't the best but its what I have.

I measured distance from spout to tub and may be able to go with a 16" high one.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If you are replacing the tub, you are already going to have to remove the tile higher than the faucet, so moving it would NOT entail opening the back side of the wall.

Recountryman

Reaction score
If you are replacing the tub, you are already going to have to remove the tile higher than the faucet, so moving it would NOT entail opening the back side of the wall.

No tile but I see what you're saying. Reason for opening back side is because the way the lines and faucet is "mounted" in the wall will have to go from back side.

Recountryman

Reaction score
Me again, got a Kohler Bancroft and going to install it this Friday. Was wanting to use Structrolite to set it in with due to ease and mainly fast drying time as this is our only bathroom.

Unable to find it locally and someone told me to use a fast setting mortar. Is a fast setting mortar ok to use or do they tend to shrink? Also if its OK to use does it have to be cut in with more sand. Thanks!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I assume that you have already installed it, but if not, I cannot see how you would do it without removing the entire surround. And, once you have done that the faucet SHOULD be accessible from the front.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks