toto installation

Users who are viewing this thread

ep

Reaction score
I am replacing two 26-year-old small Elger toilets. I want to replace them with the Toto Vespin: 2 piece, elongated, Gmax, skirted, Sanaglossed. The saleswoman recommended that I NOT replace an existing toilet with a skirted model. What is your opinion? My water supply shut-off is located on the floor about 10" from the toilet and is connected by a flexible coil to the tank. The NOTE on the specs cautions about rough-in width. What does it mean? Also, is Gmax overkill in a single family home? Will the CEFIONTECT really prevent hard water problems? Thanks for taking the time to help me.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Toto Vespin installation

flange_03.jpg

The Vespin is a very good replacement toilet.
Most people start with one in the house, and when they see how much they like it, order two more.
Since it is skirted, the water supply should be far enough to the left to clear the base of the toilet.
If the water supply is on the wall, then clearance would be at least 7" center to center.
If coming from the floor, a little more to the left.
Your water supply location leaves plenty of room.
We replace hundreds of old toilets every year.

The Vespin comes standard to fit a 12" rough installation and will work at 11.25"

You also have the ability to use the 10" or 14" Unifit kit if you have an unusual situation.

Most of the other Toto toilets are standard 12" rough in installations that fit easily into existing bathrooms.
The water supply on the wall can be 3-1/2" to the left of center on the wall.
They are pretty much drop and go as far as installation goes.

Last edited:

ep

Reaction score
Thanks, Terry. Do you have an opinion about Gmax vs. power gravity; and what about the benefit of CEFIONTECT and hard water?

ep

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Gmax vs. power gravity?
I've used both and either way it's going to work.
if you are considering CEFIONTECT, the choices are lowered,
most of the CEFIONTECT comes with a G-Max system.
With hard water, it's a good way to go. It's harder for the deposits to attach to the side of the bowl.
The Ultramax with CEFIONTECT is my biggest seller.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks