Passport Ensemble Jacuzzi tub

Users who are viewing this thread

kingtutt42

kingtutt42
Reaction score
I purchased a home which featured one of these tubs. I replaced a wall circuit and is now using the tub. Im experiencing an algey looking substance that is being released as the jets are turned on. I removed the main intake cover for the water intake, but see no evidence of a filter. What do I do to solve the problem and is there any diagrams available for the jacuzzi tub's operation and or maintenance?
Please help.........

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Most jetted tubs' manufacturers suggest monthly special cleaning, and few people do it. This involves some fairly strong chemicals, and costs, not counting the time. What you are seeing is the result of that not being done. The other big thing on a jetted tub is the restrictions on what should be used in them. Generally, no oils, bubbles, etc. The lines in a jetted tub do not drain when you drain the tub, and if you use the wrong things, stuff will start to grow in the stagnent water. Even if you are vigilant on that, the dead skin, hair, etc. can accumulate in there. Most do not have a filter. It would restrict flow too much, and not actually do all that much.

Have you checked their website? Most have the operator's manual available online and offer the cleaning chemicals. Often, there's a port where you pour the stuff in, let it sit for awhile, then run the pump to circulate it around, then flush it all out. Often there's a second step with a different chemical.

Skydive Melanie

Reaction score
I also am a new owner of a 20 years old Passport Ensemble jacuzzi tub. I have determined that the system (jets) work, but we have to turn it on and off by the GFI switch. There was no timer installed and i have read from earlier posts about the "P" emblem (which is all i have) is suppose
to be the on /off switch. IF so, mine after all these years is no longer functioning, maybe seized up.

Are these switches replaceable? Has anyone had to do this?

The only switch i could see on the parts web page has been discontinued. Thanks for any advice you might have.

Melanie

dabears

Reaction score
Passport Ensemble won't turn off, "P" doesn't work

I also am an owner of a 20 years old Passport Ensemble jacuzzi tub. Just today, I got my system to turn on (the system (jets) work), but I couldn't turn it off just like Melanie (we had to turn it on and off by the GFI switch) We too only have "P" emblem and it won't do anything no matter how many times we kept touching it. Now, when we turn it on with the GFI switch, even if there's no water in it, the motor runs!? We can't get it to stop even with no water in it (or falls below the silver sensors)

Please help, didn't see any replies to Melanie. What do we do next, is this a simple repair?

Thanks for any advice you might have.

dabears

dabears

Reaction score
Melanie,

we have the same problem, however, when we turn on our GFI switch now, even if no water, the motor runs. We don't understand why I could start it tonight, and then now the only thing that works for us is the GFI switch. We don't undeerstand why with no water in it, it still runs as we thought lowering the water below the sensors was another way of turning it off, NOT, water went everywhere!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks