Drake mix'n match

Users who are viewing this thread

pilgrim

Reaction score
Greetings all i'm planning a complete bathroom gut job(the '70s have got to end) I've been researching Toto's drake and others. i'm no plumber i just want to understand so i can get the features i want and need. i get that CEFIONTECT is only available in Cotton and is not available on ADA models but i don't get why a insulated tank would prevent having a bowl with CeFiONtect.. can't one combine tank st743sd(insulated special order) with bowl cst744sg..???this comes from trying to read the specs... and by the way, having done a mini survey of my own even the new low flow toilets sweat and the insulated tank is recommended for those of us on wells. anyway any help from Terry/jJamie and other monitoring gurus would be much appreciated..cheers from the other coast

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Condensation on tanks occur during hot weather when the tank is emptied and refilled with very cold water. Insulated tanks are a way to minimize this. However, low flow toilets do not empty the tank when flushed in the standard way. The use approximately half of the water in the tank to accomplish the job. This is done at least in part to give a bit more pressure to the flush with the higher water level in the tank. This means that only 1.28 or 1.6 gallons of water is needed to refill the tank, and this relatively small amount of water is likely already tempered by being in the supply pipe plus it is mixed with the water that remained in the tank. Net result is, the water in the tank is not ice cold and therefore is much less likely to cause condensation on the outside of the tank. I realize this is not a direct answer to your question, but is something that you should consider.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If the toilet is flushed multiple times in a row, the water temp can drop below the dewpoint. Otherwise, on the new toilets, it generally isn't a big issue. Even an insulated tank won't stop it, though, if the toilet is flushed a lot, since insulation only slows the movement of heat, it doesn't stop it. There are two ways to stop it forever, keep the humidity level low enough (a/c or dehumidifier), or raise the temp of the water going in. To raise the water temp, they make tempering valves that mix hot and cold to raise the temp so it won't condense. Course, that means plumbing hot near the valve as well.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The bowl and tank can be gotten separately.

Most of the bowls are C744E, C744EG for the elongated standard height.
They can use several different tanks. ST743S, ST743SD, or ST743E
So for CEFIONTECT, it would be C744EG CEFIONTECT bowl and the ST743SD tank for insulated 1.6 gallon flush.

The Drake II, CST454'CEFG

pilgrim

Reaction score
thank you all for your input and in particular, terry, that's exactly what i wanted to know..about the low flow, mixing of water temps etc i already knew from reading this forum,however with a very deep well,on the north atlantic coast i'm trying to anticipate now for any problems in the future..thanks again

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks