Question about Polyseamseal or other caulk

Users who are viewing this thread

Macman

Reaction score
A couple of years ago after some time spent on this forum we bought a Toto Drake 1.6 to replace an old upstairs toilet and never looked back. Per the pros here I sealed around the bottom with Polyseamseal caulk (except for the rear). Now we've just replaced the downstairs toilet with another Drake. I want to wait a couple of weeks to be sure there are no leaks, and will then seal it too. I know that folks here recommend not using a silicone sealant, specifically suggesting a latex caulk. Looking at the present Polyseamseal line I only find one interior caulk that doesn't contain silicone - the Painter's caulk. That doesn't sound like what I need. There is an acrylic outdoor caulk, but I doubt that's what I want. Can anyone recommend a good caulk for this purpose?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Kwik Seal and PolySeamSeal are water based and work fine for that.

I prefer the clear. It goes on white and dries clear.

loctite-tub-tile.jpg

polyseamseal_clear.jpg

Last edited:

Macman

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Terry. Isn't Polyseamseal just the brand name? I'm looking for the specific product that I should use. I don't see any Polyseamseal products called Kwik Seal. Sorry if I'm making more out of this than need be.

http://www.polyseamseal.com/products.shtml

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks