Bathtub/Shower Valve distance to Tub Spout

Users who are viewing this thread

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I recently bought a new Delta Intuition bathtub and shower valve package complete with the tub spout and shower head. The installation instructions say that the distance from the bottom of the valve body to the tub spout should be 8 to 18 inches. I am using this new setup to replace an older Delta valve body installation where the tub spout is slightly less (about 5 inches) below the valve body.

I was just curious why they would spec out the distance other than just for the convenience of having
the tub spout and valve body in "comfortable" positions. The tub spout seems at the correct height above the tub, and the valve is easy to reach as it is whether taking a shower or bathing.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The same valve supports many different trims...so, as mentioned, to ensure any one will fit, they define a minimum separation.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks