Can't get aerator out of a Kohler

Users who are viewing this thread

Jed1154

Reaction score
I have no clue what kind of faucet it is, but its in the bathroom and looks similar to the Fairfax. It has an aerator inside and it needs to be cleaned, but its not like my others. It doesnt seem to have a 'thing' that threads off or it revealing the aerator. The aerator is inside and there looks like a ring on the outside, but it does not turn. Is it pressed in? Does it require a special tool?

Jed1154

Reaction score
OK, so that 79402 unscrews...wow.

Its going to require a small strap wrench then. Its far more than hand tight. I can't unthread it with both hands clenched on it. Ill try again later.

Thanks for the info. At least I know its supposed to unscrew and not snap off somehow.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; At least I know its supposed to unscrew and not snap off somehow.

It is SUPPOSED to unscrew, but it COULD snap off, (or need to be snapped off), if it is corroded into the spout.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks