(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: 14/3 Uses

Default 14/3 Uses

Is it out of the ordinary or not allowed to switch (2 switches, 2 gang box) both the black hot and red hot conductors with 14/3 cable?

I'd like to run power to the 2 gang box from the panel, then run 14/3 from the 2 gang box to the vanity light, and from there 14/2 for the exhaust fan.

Sounds good,
    On my work I would generally run 14/2 on the power leg and 14/3 on the switched legs. Gave me the option of switching lights and fans separately, also made it easier to wire up the boxes if I had a 14/2 I knew it was the power into the box, and if I had the 14/3 I knew it was going out of the switch to the fixture.
    Michael
    Last edited by Terry; 04-06-2011 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SacCity View Post
    Sounds good,
    On my work I would generally run 14/2 on the power leg and 14/3 on the switched legs. Gave me the option of switching lights and fans separately, also made it easier to wire up the boxes if I had a 14/2 I knew it was the power into the box, and if I had the 14/3 I knew it was going out of the switch to the fixture.
    Michael
    That is exactly what I'm planning to do, I figure it would be a cleaner installation that way. I only need 2 feet of 14/2 to go from my light box to my fan this way...