Extraction of submersible pump

Users who are viewing this thread

shetty_navin

Reaction score
Hi

We have Dug a Boring hole uptill 500 ft below, we managed to release the submersible pump till 240 ft, unfortunately the Iron pipe broke and the Pump went rushing till the end.

We would like to extract the submersible pump along with 20 no's * 20 ft pipe with the PUMP.

Can you pls let us know different process or way to sucessfully extract the pump.

Thanks

Navin

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
In the "old days" they used a drive shaft from a model A which was hollow and tapered. They dropped it down the well and it slid over the pipe and usually "jammed" it so the pump came out when they retrieved it.

Justwater

Well Drilling/Service
Reaction score
i've fished out alot of broke pipes with a taper tap and/or an "overshot" inside tapered fishing tool... though i've never done anything close to WWP at pullin 300' out of a 1200' hole.. kudos to you waterwellproducts, i bet that was a PITA to say the least.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I have fished a lot of things, and it is always better to know what is sticking up at you. It is much easier to grab a couling than slick pipe. With a couling sticking up, I use to make an overshot out of pipe that would fit over the drop pipe. Then put two or three flat pieces of steel about 2' long and welded at the bottom, inside the overshot. When you slide this over a couling the top of the flat steel catches the coupling and out it comes. Sounds easy but sometimes its not.

shetty_navin

Reaction score
Hi

Yes the coupling broke & the pipe is only to grab on.

We tried traditional way by dropping the Iron Hook with the rope tied, But due to weight the pump and Pipe the rope broke half way and again went down.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Sounds like your situation went from bad to worse. Not only do you now have a bunch of pipe and a pump in the hole but now there is a length of rope and an iron hook down the hole as well. Unfortunately the rope and hook will probably impede your efforts.

What size is the casing and what size is the pump?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks