Intake vs. Discharge sizing (shallow well)

Users who are viewing this thread

dbolong

Reaction score
I use my shallow well pump for irrigation only. Set at 40/20 psi. Intake is 1 inch pvc-discharge 3/4 inch pex to spigot.

I have got it to where the pump will not turn off as long as I have 3 sprinklers minimum hooked up to it.

However, when I do hook 3 sprinklers up to it, the pump keeps at about 35 psi but the sprinklers are not exactly super high volume. Acceptable, but could be better.

Should I increase my intake to 1 1/4 or 1 1/2? Would this increase my volume to a point to where maybe I could use less sprinklers to keep the pump running? Or will I be limited to the 3/4 inch discharge (that I do not want to change.)

I've learned a lot with this little project of mine and appreciate all the help!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks