Say Sionara to Sushi, Tuna, Shark, Salmon, compliments of Japan!

Users who are viewing this thread

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
So the Japanese that all you hug with your Subarus and eco-Prius's have just decided to destroy the oceans food chain.

Lets build Priuses to save the world and then poison our fishing industry. Velly smart.

Hey - not our mistake stored in OUR backyard on land! Give it to the international waters - no charge!

Pathetic.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I would not be so quick as the author of that piece to dismiss the volume as tiny in a big ocean. Same thing happend with the mercury ( same people, japs). What happens is that a lot of little fish will be contaminated. They will swim out into the ocean and be eaten in large numbers by bigger fish, and they will be eaten in large numbers by the big fish like tuna and sword fish. In other words, the contaminants get concentrated at the top of the food chain.

The mormons in Utah have already drained all local stocks of powdered milk, canned fish, etc. They believe in stockpiling anyway, and are now in high gear!

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Come on BallValve... If you had read the article you would know it's no big deal...
It's not like you are dumping oil in the Gulf of Mexico or, something...
Uranium is natural it comes from rocks. Isn't that what the earth is made of?
And the Pacific Ocean is huge so there is more than enough water to dilute it to harmless levels...

The dumping of so much radioactive water into the ocean conjures up fears of mutated sea life and contamination of the human food chain, but experts said the radiation will be quickly diluted, minimizing risk.
"To put this in perspective, the Pacific Ocean holds about 300 trillion swimming pools full of water and they're going to release about five swimming pools full of water. So hopefully the churning of the ocean and the currents will quickly disperse this so that it gets to very dilute concentrations relatively quickly," said Timothy Jorgensen, chair of the radiation safety committee at Georgetown University Medical Center.
"It's a considerable amount of water, but the immensity of the Pacific Ocean will quickly dilute this amount of water to harmless levels," he added.
John Till, president of Risk Assessment Corp., similarly cited the vastness of the ocean in helping to minimize harm, and said he does not expect to see any permanent effects on marine life, even close in to the plant.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Can't be any worse than the sorry excuse for "tap water" you have in the US.

In England, we drink water from the faucet unfiltered. It's been tested to be better than bottled water in parts of the country.

To do so in DC would be a health risk.

Living in America really is like living in the developing world at times.

Lead pipes and greedy taxpayers who just don't care.

Besides, the Japanese problem is partly your doing for failing to nip the issue in the bud when you had the chance. I've said before that if you'd sent a bigger aircraft carrier to the region then something could have been done to get those reactors under control before all this mess broke loose.

Evidently the USS George Washington was just too small and ill-equipped to do the job properly.

This one is too small to pump water Sir...
01_uss_george_washington_cvn_73.jpg

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Free radiation for cancer people, all they will have to do is a fish! Think of the savings you will have. Hmm, good eating, too, it adds flavor like the mercuy.

Ballvalve

Reaction score
In England, we drink water from the faucet unfiltered. It's been tested to be better than bottled water in parts of the country.

To do so in DC would be a health risk.

My well water is better than any bottled water. New York city has unchlorinated mountain spring water in its pipes, some of the best in the world.

And to LIVE, or try to, in DC is a greater health risk than camping on the beach next to the fukuneuclear plant.

Evidently the USS George Washington was just too small and ill-equipped to do the job properly.

As soon as the Brits post a bond to replace the carrier from radiation damage, we will pull on in and really make that water flow into the pacific through the swiss cheese 'containment" building. Besides, its better we save the ship to saves the Brits butts in the next big one again.

They built their shopping centers in Tokyo on springs, but not their Armegeddon machines. And the back up fuel tanks were above ground on the oceanside.

If thats japanese engineering, better start buying Ford again.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
I can't find the thread where we were talking about education, so, I am putting it here, I figured as good as any, this is startling and oh, so sad. I got fired once from a job, when I spoke my "opinion" as to children with serious behavior problems to look at the home settings or the parents or parent as part of the problem and also, possibly part of the solution.

By SHEILA V KUMAR, Associated Press Sheila V Kumar, Associated Press – 19 mins ago

DENVER – Eight-year-old Aidan Elliott had thrown a TV and chairs at his Colorado elementary school and was trying to use a cart to bust through a door to an office where teachers and other students fled for safety.

No one could calm the boy, not even the staff in a program for children with behavior problems like him. So they called police, who had intervened with Aidan twice before.

Police found him with a foot-long piece of wood trim with a knife-like point in one hand and a cardboard box in the other.

"Come get me, f-----," he said.

When they couldn't calm him down, one squirted Aidan with pepper spray. He blocked it with the cardboard box.

A second squirt hit the youngster in the side of the head, and down he went, according to an account of the Feb. 22 standoff in a police report first obtained by KUSA-TV.

Aidan and his mother went on national talk shows on Wednesday to say using pepper spray on an unruly 8-year-old was too much.

Police and officials at Glennon Heights Elementary in Lakewood, Colo., say it could've been worse.

"Had the officers chosen to be hands-on with him, the potential for him getting some type of injury and, maybe even officers, would have been much higher," police spokesman Steve Davis said.

"It was the best choice made," he said.

Aidan started acting up while on the bus to school, the police report said. He began screaming and then continued after breakfast while throwing chairs at his teachers.

"He was being very aggressive, very violent," said Melissa Reeves, the school district spokeswoman.

There were eight students with Aidan in the classroom, Reeves said, and teachers removed them after he became violent. They barricaded themselves in an office, as he tried to bust in, Davis said.

Aidan was swearing and shouting expletives at his teachers and threatening them, Davis said. He taunted police when they arrived.

"I wanted to make something sharp, like if they came out, `cause I was so mad at them," the boy said on NBC's "Today" show. "I was going to try to whack them with it."

After hitting him with the second squirt, officers took Aidan outside for some fresh air to help dissipate the spray. Paramedics were treating his red, irritated face with cool water when his mother arrived.

According to the report, Mandy Elliott asked her son what he did.

When he told her he had been hit with pepper spray, she is quoted as saying, "Well, you probably deserved it."

It wasn't the first time officers had been called to pacify Aidan, Davis said. They'd been able to talk him down in two other incidents.

On Wednesday, Mandy Elliott said she wished authorities had chosen to talk him down. She also wanted police to get special training in dealing with children. Aidan has since transferred to another school.

When asked about the pepper spray and what he did, Aidan said: "I kind of deserved it."

................. Ballsvalve,
Also, I own Ford stock, it has been going up. I bought it when it was at rock bottom. Had nothing to lose but a few bucks, and now, I wish I had bought more. Greed, lol.

Last edited:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Cookie I think they should have tazed the brat....

Last edited by a moderator:

Pipehacker

Reaction score

01_uss_george_washington_cvn_73.jpg

I find the mottos attributed to marine forces to be interesting. The Canadian navy's motto is "Ready Aye Ready," the U.S. Coast Guard's motto is "Always Ready, " and the U.S. Navy's slogan is "Not Self But Country." All of these connote a force which is ready, willing and able to selflessly meet the needs of their constituents. Great Britain's naval motto, on the other hand, appears to be "Argentinia Sunk our Destroyer."

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
No, the Royal Navy's motto is If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

And we're not the ones with a super carrier that, by design or decision, didn't step up to stop the Japanese nuclear disaster when it was easy and most probably safe to do so.

Just why was it sent there?

Ballvalve

Reaction score
To keep the Chinese from invading Japan in their time of chaos.

And to squander our dollars instead of building high school metal and wood shops.

Ballvalve

Reaction score
For the Brits, NEVER, was the result of their solemn defense pact to POLAND in 1939. We should have followed the brits M.O.

As to dying for Japan, its the Brits turn. I am sure they have a "god save the queen" nuclear response queen-team. Let them send them to save the 'Emperorer'

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
ROYAL NAVY.....armed guard on board nuclear submarine astute...nuclear reactor and nuclear weapons.....has a bad day, and takes out his superior officer with an AK-47:

maybe the guy made an off color remark about the queen? or kate?

This is why you don't need guns.

A civilian (able to look after himself, since he has never carried a gun) was able to wrestle the assailant to the ground.

Americans would not know what to do. They would just look at their hands.

Ballvalve

Reaction score
Time for you to ride your horse back to Knottingham forest and wrestle some coin bags from the carriages with gold trim. [Pals with the puckered queen]

They'll just waste it on a million dollar wedding cake anyway.

Send it to America for hand to hand combat training. And better vetting of 'immigrants' to America.

Save a few farthings and buy yourself some FUKushima suschi [close out sale right now] - eat it regularly!

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks