need help with finding particular size

Users who are viewing this thread

Shimmies99

Reaction score
I need a new toilet that has a max distance of less than 17 inches from drain to front tip of toilet, in order to accommodate a dryer sliding past in front of it. I am thinking Toto Drake (16.5) for flush, Dalton for high profile comfort, Kohler San Raphael would fit...(16 5/8) from what I can tell on spec sheets. Am I looking at this right? Ugh! thanks, Jody

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Another way to think of this is that, how often do you change or need to move the dryer? Maybe once in 15-20 years? It costs about $2 for a new wax ring to reset a toilet. I'd not worry about it, find a toilet I liked, good performance, reliable, and then, if required, remove it. Another thought, the things really aren't all that heavy, so why couldn't you lift it over the toilet. It's not like the thing comes in and out on a regular basis...

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
I'm thinking the drier is close to the toilet, and she needs to move it on occasion to clean. Sounds like a bad set-up to me.

Shimmies99

Reaction score
it is worse actually. to install the washer it slide in front of the toilet and shimmies over. then the dryer slides hands. So if I need to repair my washing machine I have to move the dryer. I hope I don't have to repair either 1 for a long time. tent sale at upscale hardware plumbing supply place. I can get a Neptune 1 piece toilet for around 300 dollars. it will fit. Neptune fb1635. I can order a Toto drake from them for around 300 dollars also.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shimmies99

Reaction score
OK, I am not really a DIYer so the pick up and move the toilet and replace the seal doesn't appeal to me, but you have made it sound more attractive and do-able than I was thinking. I am going to pass on the Neptune, not many reviews about performance to suit me.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Setting a toilet is not hard except that it is heavy. Not as heavy as say your washer or dryer, though. Once you've done it, it's a piece of cake the next time. But, with today's stuff, most is pretty reliable, so this isn't something you need to do very often.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
I've been in a lot of homes which I'm sure neither the washer or dryer had been moved in over 10 years. 2 people could pick up a drier just as easily as one could pick up a toilet. I think I would find a toilet I would be really happy with and just deal with the rest when the time comes.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks