American Standard Colony cartridge faucet problems

Users who are viewing this thread

ab55

Reaction score
Hello, I was having pressure problems in my shower and removed the cartridges to flush out the lines. After replacing them water comes out at a trickle regardless to if the faucet is open of closed. It is an american standard colony 2 handle faucet. anyone have any ideas? thanks.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Do you mean the water leaks out even when the faucet is turned off, or that the flow is ALWAYS a trickle regardless of whether the handle is turned part way or full open? If the former, you did not reassemble the faucet properly, and if the latter, the problem is probably in the shower head.

ab55

Reaction score
the water leaks out whether the faucet is on or off. I figured the faucet was assemble wrong, I just could not figure out why. It seems to be the cartridge itself that is incorrect. thanks for the reply.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks