Water pressure pulsing/surging

Users who are viewing this thread

Debbie7786

Reaction score
I have a 2 year old home with well and septic. This is my first well/septic system. The water pressure has been great until the last couple days. The pressure has begun to cycle with a steady drop for about 10 seconds and then go back to full pressure, drop down, then back up, the entire time the water is running. Is this a sign that my water pump is going bad? Or is this an easy fix? I assumed pumps would last longer than a couple years. If you have any ideas or advice, I'd appreciate it. Thanks, Debbie

Speedbump

Reaction score
It would be my guess that your bladder tank is going bad. I could probably tell you what brand it is also.

If you can shut off the pump electrically, run the water until all pressure is gone. Take a tire gauge and see how much pressure is in the bladder tank. There will be a little valve just like the one on your car tire that you can check it from. More than likely it's close to zero. Then push the top of the tank slightly to one side to see how heavy it feels. It should be light and empty, but I'll bet it's not.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks