A little setup help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Bassadict69

Reaction score
Right now, the lake I live on is about 4 ft low so I would like to go ahead and set up a lake strainer and whatever else I need and plumb it up to my pier where the pump will be sitting. I do know I plan to use a 2 hp pump such as a Wayne WLS200...

Anyone have a diagram of how to set this up in the lake? Maybe a diagram of what I need & how to set it up?

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Why not use a lake strainer that takes a submersible instead. A submersible is more efficient than a jet would be. How far up hill do you need to send the water?

Bassadict69

Reaction score
It will come up about 5ft to the pier...as far as how far up to the sprinklers, I am not real sure how to measure that!

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
OK, so this is just for irrigation, not for potable water? Guess I should have Googled that model of pump. There are lots of pond filters available with a variety of strainer sizes. I imagine you want to strain out anything that can clog the sprinklers. Just need something that can move 100 GPM.

I was thinking a submersible pump and intake system like this:
http://www.coastalpond.com/carry-pu...5.html?zenid=2e93134604936a14d7cc77f2157a0f3c

Bassadict69

Reaction score
Discharge on the pump I am looking at is 1 1/2"...is that size carried throughout the yard to each sprinkler head?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You run the large size pipe to the point where it is divided for the control valves. You probably want the "strainer" to be flexible or easily accessed because you will more than likely have to clean the debris from it fairly frequently.

Bassadict69

Reaction score
We are just now getting around to doing this...I bought a 1 1/2hp Flotec pump this morning as well as all my pvc intake and outlet piping and a foot valve for the end of the intake.

For now, I simply plan to run the outlet piping up to the center of my backyard and mount a faucet type spigot to hook a water hose or two up to. The buried sprinkler zones and such will come later.

For now, how should I power the pump? I am thinking to just flip the breaker for it to turn it off & on when I get ready to water.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks