Question about sticky "Submersible Pumps and multiple check valves?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Gabe1

Reaction score
This is a quote from valveman post:

""Other states like Michigan are smart enough to completely outlaw any additional check valve above ground. If I lived in Nebraska, I would wait for the inspector to leave, then I would remove the check valve at the pressure tank. I don't care if it is state law, I would not want to take the chance of the check valve causing contamination and water hammer to MY water system.""

Just curious is a well with a "Air Charching system" in Michigan outlawed ?

I would love to take out my second check valve at the tank but I dont think my system would allow it?

Any ideas?

Attachments

• aircharge.jpg
    aircharge.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 4,861

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
You must have a second check valve for an air charge system to work. I don’t know how they handle that in Michigan. But I guess you could put the check with the Schrader in the well, a few feet above the bleeder.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks