What's a Good Lint Trap Filter Unit for a Washing Machine?

Users who are viewing this thread

DECJ

Reaction score
I've got another thread going on our septic tank issues, but I wanted to focus in on one preventive measure for the future, and that is, keeping lint from the washing machine rinse water from getting into our septic tank and then potentially into the leach field lines.

We can't use an output filter on our septic tank due to clearance issues, so we need to stop the lint at its source ... and that is, before it goes down our standpipe. I have done a fair amount of research on in-line filters, but I want to make sure that what we get is effective and user-friendly. For example, one of the units that gets mentioned on-line a lot is the Filtrol-160, but there seems to be more negative than positive comments from users about the design and it appears to be more trouble than it's worth.

I would appreciate it if anyone with experience with in-line lint filters (that feed into a standpipe), can please provide any comments as to what has or has not worked well or them.

Thanks,
Don

DECJ

Reaction score
Well, after a lot of searching, I may have found a better alternative to the Filtrol-160 unit, and that is the Lint LUV-R.

lintloveerover.gif

frontcoverdocument.jpg

Here's the link to their website ... http://environmentalenhancements.com/index.html

If I end up going with this, I'll report back here as to how it works out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks