Gap in Seat of Toto S300 Washlet

Users who are viewing this thread

ash4889

Reaction score
I finally got a washlet S300 made by Toto its great the only concern is that I noticed the seam between the two halves of the main toilet seat are not completely sealed at places I wonder if water splashing on it can eventually get inside the seat and cause problems. I called Toto and a rep answered and said its normal to have a gap like that on the seat, I find that hard to believe on a Toilet seat that lists for $1400 that a gap like that is normal.

Attachments

• ash4889_washlet.jpg
    ash4889_washlet.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 423
Last edited by a moderator:

ash4889

Reaction score
plus when I lift top of seat when its up like that, the whole thing lifts up from base at least a half inch.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If it lifts up, then it's not tightened down. The mounting plate is installed with supplied toggles, and then the seat slides into and snaps in.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks