TOU Billing comes to Ontario

Users who are viewing this thread

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Hydro One has been deploying smart meters throughout Ontario and are now on the cusp of turning on Time Of Use billing. I don't know if or how much the cost per kWh varies region but for us in NWO, it is as follows:

On-Peak: 9.9 cents
Mid-Peak: 8.1 cents
Off-Peak: 5.1 cents

These of course do not factor delivery, regulatory, or debt retirement charges.

I have had a BlueLine Power Cost Monitor attached to my meter for years that reads kWh and attempts to calculate my cost, albeit poorly since it only accepts one cost value to base its calculation. Looks like it is about to become less accurate. I guess for now I will just have to switch it to the kWh mode and manually estimate the cost.

I wonder if someone has or will come out with a monitor that interfaces to the wireless signal of the smart meter to give more accurate realtime cost info. I see Blueline has a newer model out now but I haven't seen anything that says it factors TOU.

http://www.bluelineinnovations.com/

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Doh! I just noticed "off-peak" on the display which suggests TOU is supported.

BLI28000frontsmall.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks