Lights in bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

jbruette

Reaction score
I'm in the procxess of remodeling a bathroom and was wondering if anyone has ever put recessed lights above the vanity instead of a regular vanity light?

I was thinking of putting 2 to 3 cans above the vanity at the recommended distance from the wall. Then I would put the adjustable type lights in them.

This a good idea or am I off base?

Jerry

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It works, but you have to consider that you'll end up with shadows that aren't all that complementary. Having multiple cans helps, but there's nothing to illuminate areas like under your chin. That's why things like makeup mirrors have lights all around.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
That is what I have in my bath, but how good they work depends on the ceiling height. An 8' ceiling would give "hot spots" and shadows unless they were installed with overlapping coverage.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks